Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pattern Pop (Part Deux)

IMG_4712 (2)

IMG_4452

IMG_4268 (2)

IMG_4702 (2)

IMG_4788 (2)


IMG_4211 (2)

IMG_4290 (2)


IMG_4775
Top: Madewell | Skirt: The Fara Workshop | Shoes: Madewell | Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs 

PC: Gina! 

The title of this post is in reference to a series of posts from last year dedicated to my Styling and Journalism module's final project (side note: I continue to miss London A LOT these days...I seriously think about it all the time and it still hurts to see/hear about London-related things). My theme for my project was pattern/texture mixing, and I actually used this top in one of the posts (if you fancy checking them out, I posted the three outfits between September-November of last year).

When I first saw this skirt at The Fara Workshop, I was instantly drawn in by the bright and playful pattern. I also loved the grey panel on the front of the skirt, and thought that it added a unique element that you don't see every day. The Fara Workshop was probably my favorite shop in London, but sadly it's no longer there (there goes my chance of one day owning one of their unique patchwork dresses...le sigh!). I'm very glad I was able to add this piece to my wardrobe though!

I added one of my favorite lace tops to add a bit of texture to the outfit, and then slipped on my favorite minimalist slip-ons at the moment. Earlier in the day I had been wearing a jean jacket (seen in the second picture briefly, haha!) since it is always freezing in lecture, but outside is was the complete opposite and I was melting with it on. 

Gina and I were quite inspired by the settings we were able to scout out for this OOTD. This day really showed me that it's possible to turn a location that may not seem photo-worthy into one that is with the angle that you choose to take. I loved the fire escape that we took some photos with (I feel like it gave off some NY-esque vibes), and the dark grey wall was a favorite of ours too. Probably one of the best discoveries of the day...haha! 

Outtakes (prepare for maximum derp levels):

IMG_4689
The moment when I noticed a huge bee buzzing near me

IMG_4691
...and the moment the buzzing sounded like it was right in front of my ear, CRINGE.

Haha welp, I'll be back in a couple weeks once I'm finished with finals (send help and wish me luck...gah)...boo. It's currently 3:34 AM, and my day up until this point has consisted of finishing the last 3-quizzes-in-one-day Monday (YAS!), some necessary housekeeping tasks (aka crafting and baking for my last day of this semester's rotation), and finishing up assignment due this week. I am probably going to regret staying up this late when I'm attempting to wake up for 8 AM lecture tomorrow...oof. Anyways, talk to y'all in a few weeks!

Take care, 'til next time!

x Angelli 

No comments:

Post a Comment