Sunday, September 21, 2014

Flashback: Texture and Pattern Play

angelli final project 166

angelli final project 135

angelli final project 057

angelli final project 125
Knit sweater: Monki | Trousers: Monki | Sandals: Topshop | Bag: Primark

While I was in London, I had a fantastic opportunity to take a Styling and Journalism class taught by Johanna Payton of The Fashion Detective. Hello Jo from across the pond (cries) if you ever see this! :) This was by far my FAVORITE class I took while I was abroad, though I did enjoy my other classes too! I actually had to be quite persistent to get into the class in the first place since I didn't come in as a journalism major, so I was very happy that I was able to join. 

Anyways, for our final project of the module, we had to come up with a summer trend that would be the inspiration for three looks. We then had to design a magazine spread and write an article about the trend. I ended up doing my project on texture and pattern mixing, since I had been really into mixing patterns and a bit of carefully crafted clashing (and I still am!). This was the first outfit that I styled, and I was pretty proud of it! *Side note: You may notice slight "moodiness" in some of these pictures from my project...haha oh how I tried! 

I love this knit top from Monki so much, it's so comfortable and soft. I bought the top at the same time as the printed trousers. I tried them on together and actually ended up liking the combination, which probably sparked the inspiration for my project. Wearing these trousers makes me feel like I'm wearing PJs (in a good way though!), and I love it. I had never worn trousers like these before, but this pair has definitely sparked a new love for this style of pant (since I've been home, I've added another pair of printed trousers to my collection, hehe). I added my go-to Topshop sandals and boxy woven bag from Primark to complete the look, and as usual kept things minimal on the accessory front.

PC goes to my friend Jackie, who took a lot of my earlier OOTDs back in London. Definitely missing our lovely and relaxing walks as I sit here taking a bit of a break from studying biochem, ahhhhh! Keep me in your thoughts everyone...hahah just kidding (but not really :p ). 

Hope this flashback was interesting (since I have a few more to post), and that you all have a great week ahead.

Until next time!

x Angelli

No comments:

Post a Comment