Thursday, December 11, 2014

Plaid About Fall

IMG_0982

IMG_0996

IMG_1013

IMG_1024

IMG_1026
Top: Lush | Skirt: H&M | Jacket: Topshop | Boots: Office

Sorry that it's been a while! I just finished my fall semester last week, and right after my last final I went on a short weekend trip with my mom and grandma. I had planned on posting this while I was away, but realized that I didn't have these pictures with me. Classic Schmangelli, as my friend, Gina (who took these pictures and the ones from my last post!), would say.

Since I've gotten back from my trip, I've been embracing the bum life. I've discovered a newfound love for instant coffee/coffee in general, since I started drinking coffee to keep me going through finals. I've avoided becoming a coffee drinker for so long, and now I look forward to my morning coffee...what have I done. I finished reading Gone Girl, which I started quite a few months ago. And I've also been catching up on Youtube videos, Buzzfeed videos, and have started on my list of TV shows I've been unable to keep up with since school started (currently catching up on Modern Family, which has been giving my "ab muscles" some exercise from all the laughs). Not having to wake up to an alarm and being able to relax has been nice, and I definitely have been catching up on the sleep that I missed out on before/during finals week. Though now I'm starting to feel a bit lazy and unproductive, which I why I've finally gotten to work on this post.

Anyways, onto the outfit. One weekend while I was checking out H&M with my mom and grandma, I came across this plaid skirt that's made of a thick neoprene. I like how the skirt isn't flimsy and has a bit of structure/thickness, and I love me some plaid. Kept things simple as per usual, with two of my go-tos: my Topshop jacket and Office Chelsea boots. This was such a fun and very fall-themed OOTD shoot (taken a few weeks ago), which was a nice break from the stress of school and a fun way to appreciate the season. 

Outtakes: 

Gina thought it would be fun for me to try and make a leaf angel. It was fun in theory...except that I felt a little gross laying on semi-wet leaves and couldn't help but think about the possible bugs crawling in the grass. I also looked a little dead in these pictures (as you can see below), but the resulting leaf angel didn't look too bad after all! 

IMG_1019

IMG_1021

Hope you all are having a good week, and good luck to those of you who still have finals to take! 

'Til next time!

x Angelli

No comments:

Post a Comment