Thursday, June 25, 2015

On the Stroke of Twelve

IMG_3491

IMG_3517

IMG_3537

IMG_3501 (3)

IMG_3475

IMG_3494

IMG_3519 (2)

IMG_3483

IMG_3535
Co-ords: H&M | Shoes: Target 

PC: Mike! :)

Today I bring you part two of my nighttime LA photo adventures with my brother, and I must say that this is probably one of my favorite outfit posts on my blog! Big thanks/props to my brother for suggesting this location and for putting up with my derpy self at times...haha! :) 

This post features my very favorite set of co-ords (out of the two that I own)! I had first seen these co-ords on one of my faves/the queen, Taylor Swift, and I was curious as to where they were from. I had been expecting them to be designer pieces, but to my surprise they were from H&M! I quickly went to their website but had no luck finding them, and there aren't very many H&Ms near me. My friend, Natalie, was in New York at the time, and I messaged her asking if she could keep on the lookout for this set if she happened to browse an H&M there. She messaged me near the end of her trip saying she found it, and I was so excited! I probably squealed the first time I tried them on, ahaha a bit dorky, but whatevs! I've worn the set a few times now, and I just feel like I can take on the world when I'm wearing this outfit. Throw in a pair of caged Target heels that have also become a favorite of mine, and I really feel unstoppable! Nothing like wearing a look that just makes you feel good, am I right?! :)

(And now, back the photo adventure!)

After making our first stop at LACMA earlier in the night (link to previous post!), we decided to take a break between shoots to eat at Umami Burger (which I had been craving for the longest time...YUM). With our bellies full of some of the most delicious burgers and truffle fries ever (I was VERY happy!), we headed to the Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown LA. I had seen a few pictures of the concert hall in the past, but I had never seen it in person. The architecture was amazing, and I loved the varied shapes/colors/textures of the different buildings in the surrounding area. They really made for some interesting backgrounds for the photos we took.

IMG_3458
Scouting the location at the beginning of our shoot!

We had been experimenting with my camera settings for pretty much the whole night, and at one point my brother macgyvered a light source with his iPhone flashlight to see how some photos would turn out. The iPhone flashlight actually worked out pretty well as a light source, but most of the pictures turned out pretty well without the extra light. I'd like to think the partial darkness added to the urban feel of our shoot, hehe! 

IMG_3509
Example of experimenting with the iPhone camera flashlight from above, which is why my brother held the camera up so high. Haha!

After exploring the area for a bit and getting some shots in some different places, we decided to call it a night and headed home. It was really fun spending some time with my brother and bonding over the blog, hehe. I'm so glad that he suggested the photo adventure, and I can't wait to have another one some time in the future! 

Outtake (had some fun with this one):

IMG_3477

IMG_3477 (3)

IMG_3477 (4)
Coming for youuuu *insert ghost emoji*

Hahaha, 'til next time!

x Angelli

2 comments: