Monday, March 10, 2014

OOTD #4: March 7 (Laid-back Denim on Denim)

Grey denim button down: Brandy Melville | Black T-shirt: Target | Jeans: American Eagle | Shoes: Converse | Necklace: Free People | Ring: Brandy Melville | Leather Bracelet: Disneyland, gift from Natalie!



I had quite the relaxed Friday last week and didn't have too much planned during the day, so I decided to dress pretty casually. I actually wore this outfit a week before and had snapchatted my OOTD to Melyssa, to which I got a snapchat in reply telling me to "OOTD dat s***!" This made me laugh, and is what prompted me to repeat this outfit and make this post, haha! For some reason this outfit makes me feel like I'm channeling Kristen Stewart…and I kind of like that about it. It's a bit of a change from the slightly more girly outfits that I tend to wear (the first thing my friend/photographer, Jackie, said to me when I knocked on her door was that I looked quite different that day), but it's always fun to switch things up every now and then.




My grey denim button down shirt is probably one of my favorite items of clothing that has gotten quite a bit of wear due to its versatility. Another frequently worn item of mine lately has been my Brandy Melville ring, which is one of few items in my wardrobe that makes me feel slightly "edgy" sometimes. It's also something that just seems to go with almost any outfit that I wear, and I really like brassy colored accessories (like the Free people necklace I was also wearing!).

I wanted to spend as little time possible taking pictures for this OOTD, partially because it was slightly chilly due to the wind, but also because Jackie and I had a sudden craving for french fries and had decided we'd stop by the grocery store after our shoot to pick up some potatoes. We ended up only taking about five pictures because I just felt "done" for the day and didn't feel like awkwardly trying to come up with different poses, haha! Then we headed to Tesco and went back home, excited to make some yummy fries.

Later that night for dinner, Regan and I headed over to Maren's place for a taco night. Maren was a great host and cooked dinner for us, which was delicious! Since we were hanging out in the shared kitchen of Maren's building, we ended up meeting a friendly girl from Ukraine who asked Regan and I questions about the States. When I told her that I was from California, she looked at me aghast and asked why in the world I was in London, which I thought was funny. The grass is always greener on the other side I suppose! We ended up spending a few hours at Maren's place hanging out, talking/catching up since we don't usually see her during the weekdays, and watching music videos on TV. Regan and I ended up being in a bit of a rush on our way home as we were catching the last trains of the night on the tube, but we made it back alright despite the crowded platforms/carriages (and a somewhat creepy person who kept walking back and forth near us, merp). But it had definitely been a nice Friday, indeed!

'Til next time!

x Angelli

No comments:

Post a Comment