Wednesday, March 19, 2014

OOTD #5: March 5 (It's All in the Details)


Top: Zara | Jeans: A&F | Oxfords: Madewell | Earrings: Macy's | Leather Bracelet: gift 



On this day the sun was shining and it was in the low to mid 50's…it was actually wonderful! I think I may be getting slightly more tolerant to the cold while being here, gasp. I took advantage of the nice weather and was eager to wear my new top from Zara. The lace detailing on the shoulders of the top is what drew me in, as well as the cut of the neckline and the combination with the stripes. Since there was no rain in the forecast, this also prompted me to break out my favorite oxfords.

I did a bit of experimenting (at least for me) and rolled up the cuffs of my jeans, something that I've never really done before. I really like the look of rolled up cuffs/slightly cropped ankle length pants with certain looks, but whenever I've tried to wear them like this in the past I just always felt like it looked like I was wearing pants that were too short for me. I must say that I dig the combo of the cuffed pants with the brogues. This outfit made me feel like I looked smart" (trying to incorporate some British slang in here, tehehe), and ever since I've been rolling up my cuffs more often. I'm a fan!

I think the OOTD shoots are coming along slowly but surely, I've been feeling a bit less awkward taking pictures out and about (although it did help that there were barely any people around, haha). Jackie and I ended up going to quite a cute-looking canal nearby, where there were some colorful boats and a couple swans!

As per usual, here are some silly outtakes from that day:



School has gotten a bit busier this month as the due dates for my first round of assignments/papers have been creeping up. But by the end of next week I'll be free until May at least, so hopefully I'll be able to post more.

'Til next time!

x Angelli

No comments:

Post a Comment