Sunday, November 2, 2014

Flashback: What I Would Wear To...

DSC_9985

DSC_0008

DSC_0003
Top: Madewell | Skirt: The Fara Workshop | Flats: Tory Burch | Wallet: Fossil 

Happy Sunday everyone! Today has started out pretty great seeing as we gained one hour of sleep (hooray for daylight savings!!), which was much needed after a long/fun Saturday spent volunteering at my first health fair and catching up with friends in SF :) I was in the biggest food coma I have experienced in a while yesterday thanks to amazing soup dumplings and yummy boba, and it made my heart happy to spend time/have good laughs with friends I haven't seen in quite a while.

Anyways, today is a pretty short flashback again of an outfit I put together for a styling assignment yet again. We were told to put together an outfit that we would wear to a Victoria Beckham fashion show that was both a representation of our own style (since we were told to take into account the fact that what we'd be wearing would be our first impression to possible styling clients) and event-appropriate given Victoria's style. I went with a simple outfit with classic shapes and a bit of a twist with the mixing of texture and pattern (clearly this is something I have been obsessed with based on my last few posts, haha). I also took this as an opportunity to style an outfit around this lovely floral pleated midi skirt, one of my favorite buys from London. It was from The Fara Workshop in Islington, which was a favorite shop of mine to browse around since their pieces are unique/quirky and totally my style (many are made from donated fabrics/clothing, and their proceeds are donated to charity!). If I had had a pair of simple black heeled sandals with a thin ankle strap, I definitely would have worn those instead (alas, didn't bring any heels with me while I was in London). 

Hope you all have a good week, and before I go here's an outtake:

DSC_9999

Until next time!

x Angelli 

No comments:

Post a Comment