Tuesday, February 4, 2014

OOTD #1: February 3 (Basic London Uniform)


Coat: Zara | Scarf: Target | Striped Top: Brandy Melville | Knit Cardigan: Brandy Melville | Riding Pants: American Apparel | Boots: Dolce Vita | Bag: Longchamp | Awkward Posing: My own

A Short Story About a Rubbish First OOTD Attempt

It's kind of been a secret wish of mine to start a blog with fashion-y types of posts, and I figured what better time to start than with my new blog in the new year! I'll have to admit, I can be quite the awkward/shy person, so attempting to take pictures of my outfit today with Regan was quite the experience. OOTD's aren't the easiest things to do when you aren't used to taking them…especially if you're me. The first task was finding a location where there weren't many people walking around (which is a tad bit difficult when there is often so many people walking around), and the second was trying to "pose" without feeling like an idiot in public. We took a grand total of three pictures before a few people walked by and I started getting embarrassed, so I wimped out and called it a day. My friend, Melyssa (whose blog has some pretty awesome outfit posts/pictures), assured me that taking these kinds of pictures would eventually get easier after I told her about my slightly failed attempt (I sure hope she's right).


Me, being unable to take myself seriously while standing by a random building 

Anyways…back to the outfit I suppose. Yesterday the weather was pretty nice in London as there was some sun and no rain! It was a bit windy and cold though, so I went for some simple layering and a pretty basic outfit. My trusty Zara coat (which I like to think of as being ever so slightly Sherlock-esque, haha) has practically become my daily uniform here and has been a part of nearly every outfit I've worn thus far. My riding pants are some of the most comfy and thick pants I own, and although you can't really tell from these pictures, I quite like the ribbed detailing and patches on the inner parts of the knee. Also, something that I've also made as a goal of mine this year is to get used to walking around in shoes with a heel, and these boots have the perfect sized heel to allow for pretty comfortable walking. 

Well I think that's all I have to say about this OOTD, hopefully I'll start getting better at these and post a bit more interesting outfits. Until then, catch ya later! 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! If we meet up when I come, I'll take some photos for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mhmm! But ahaha yay sounds good. I'll take some for you as well if you need me to!

      Delete
  2. So sophisticated! Well, that first one anyway.

    ReplyDelete