Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Roomie Brunch & My First English Breakfast



Whenever I walk back to my building from the tube station, I always pass by a sign advertising an English breakfast. I've had a mental note reminding myself to have one while I'm in London, and today I made that happen.



Regan and I decided yesterday that we would plan for a Sunday brunch, and I was quite excited to finally have an English breakfast. We originally planned on getting breakfast at the restaurant with the sign. But once we got there, we realized that it was an Italian restaurant…and decided that it would be nice to have an English breakfast at a slightly more authentic seeming place. We made our way to a restaurant that I had on my list of places to try (The Breakfast Club), but found ourselves in a very long queue. We were in a bit of a time crunch since I had to leave to head out somewhere about half past noon, so we decided to wander a bit and try to find another place to eat. We're definitely planning on trying The Breakfast Club at some point though, as it must've had a long queue for a reason!

We ended up at a pub that advertised brunch, and once we checked out the menu and found what we were looking for (technically what I was looking for, as Regan had decided she wanted pancakes instead), we decided to try the place out. Our food ended up being quite delicious, and I definitely enjoyed my breakfast! It was interesting having beans for breakfast, but the combination with everything else was really yummy. I was completely stuffed though, and ended up giving Regan my toast and one of my hash browns. Overall, our breakfast cravings had been satisfied!

Regan with her pancakes and peppermint tea, complete with two sugar cubes (which lead me to reference Finnick in Catching Fire, haha!)

Me being 200% ready to try my breakfast

Sort of patting myself on the back at the moment for actually posting a current update…haha hope that this was somewhat interesting.

Until next time!

2 comments: