Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Braid-y Bunch









This past week I got to spend some quality time with some of my cousins during our mini family vacation. While waiting around for our other family members, my cousins Sam (Top photo set) and Fran (Middle photo set) decided to have a hair braiding party. 


First Fran asked me to braid her hair, and I decided to try out the Katniss braid on her. I was pretty obsessed with wearing this braid when I first learned the hairstyle after the first Hunger Games movie (haha!). The Katniss braid is basically a reverse-French braid (or is it Dutch?) that starts at the top of the head and then wraps around towards the base of the head on the opposite side.

Then Sam asked me to braid her hair, and since she has shoulder length hair I decided to try out a crown braid of sorts on her. I split her hair into two even sections and did a reverse-French braid on each side, then pinned the loose ends with lots of bobby pins. I tried to arrange the loose ends as neatly as possible to try and conceal them but this was a bit tricky as I'm not quite a hair expert. We decided that it'd just be a "messy crown braid," and personally I'm a fan of slightly messy hairstyles. 

Lastly, Fran braided my hair into a half up half down kind of look with a mini crown braid of sorts. She French braided my hair into a crown close to the lower middle section of my head and secured the ends along the braids with bobby pins (sort of like what I was trying to do, but much neater). 

Spontaneous braiding parties are always fun, and after we finished with ours we decided to take some braid-y bunch (credit to Sam for the name!) selfies along a mirrored ceiling! 




Until next time,

x Angelli

No comments:

Post a Comment